Wilcrest is in a season of transition as we await God's provision of a new pastor. As we seek the Lord's direction and guidance and strive for unity and continued ministry during this time, we want to be prayerful above all else.
So our church family is devoting 24 hours to prayer for God's guidance, each of us committing to pray at a certain time on Wednesday, March 24th.
When it is your turn to pray, please leave us a note here for the church to read. Here you can write out your whole prayer if you wish, or you may choose to list a few of the things you prayed for. Share a scripture that has encouraged you and may encourage others as well. In doing this, we are each lifting up prayers individually and also edifying the entire church body at the same time.
If you're new to praying or would like some ideas of what to pray for, here's some help as you begin:
Former Pastor Jonathan's Prayers for Wilcrest (shared with us in his farewell sermon):
- That Wilcrest will daily follow the leading of the Holy Spirit
- That Wilcrest will daily rejoice over the salvation of the nations
Specific prayer needs during our transition time:
- Pray for the unity of the church
- Pray for wisdom for our Pastor search committee and Interim Pastor search committee
- Pray for our next pastor as God prepares him and his family for service and makes their calling clear
- Pray that God will continue to work through Wilcrest as we minister to each other and serve our community well
10 Scriptures to Pray for Your Church (article on MyEverydayGod.com)
5 Powerful Prayers for the Church (article on Crosswalk.com)
A Month of Prayers for Your Church (article on PrayerLeader.com)